Monday, March 9, 2009

Draper Open House Catastrophe

Sorry....still no pictures. Trent "fixed" the computer (that wasn't broken...) and I am having difficulties uploading pictures. Saved for yet another post.
So we finally went to the Draper Temple open house on Friday. The kids were out of school so we figured it was the perfect day to go. We had known for a few months that we were going but last week Jayden got invited to a birthday party in Deer Valley so she wasn't going to be able to go. I was kinda bummed but I figured I would still take the other kids. So the night before Coleman was up half the night complaining that his stomach hurt. Coleman is the king of crying wolf. I never know when to believe him or not. For whatever reason my children have decided lately that our basement is a scary place to be by themselves. My children (although they each have their own bed) all sleep in Jayden's bed every night together. I figured Coleman was just being scared because Jayden wasn't downstairs with them. Well he woke up Friday morning saying his stomach still hurt. I asked him if he still wanted to go to the open house and he said he did. We got there and no sooner did we sit down for the movie at the wardhouse then he told me his stomach was hurting again. I knew it probably hurt a little but figured he would be okay. He was fine on the bus ride to the temple but started complaining again when we got to the baptismal font. I was thinking to myself, "I didn't drive all the way out here for nothing...we are going to see the temple gosh dang it!" We continued on with Coleman complaining and my consoling him telling him it wouldn't be much longer. We got to the ordinance rooms and I could tell he didn't feel good. I told him we would wait until we saw the next volunteer and then we would ask if there was another way out. Coleman's face was white as a ghost while I asked the nice woman for the fast track out. She informed me that if we made it past the turn there was an elevator that we could use to get down to the first floor again. We made it to the turn when Coleman couldn't hold it any more. Vomit came out of his mouth..he was trying so hard to keep it in. He started to throw up on the pamphlet and then it just couldn't hold it all. Fortunately we were on the plastic covering so it didn't stain anything. The nice volunteer went to go get something to clean him and the floor up while probably a hundred people walked by. One woman had the nerve to ask me to clean it up with Annabelle's blanket!!! I couldn't believe it! Seriously? Poor Coleman had tears rolling down his checks he was totally embarrased! (And so was I!) Lesson learned I guess...for both of us! Needless to say...we didn't get any pictures of us at the temple that day!

2 comments:

Taylor's said...

Bummer . . .that really sinks!

At least there will be another open house in about a month - hopefully that one will go better.

Chelsea said...

Wow! I thought carrying whiney toddlers through the open-house was bad! No, you beat me, hands down! I'm really sorry for the both of you. Poor Coleman. At least you were on your way out. Those volunteers, they I'm sure have some stories to tell :)