Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Coleman! I can't believe that Coleman is 9 now! We are trying to teach Coleman the value of a dollar. (Trying is the key word there...it's not working out so well.) So this year we gave Coleman a dollar amount of what we were going to spend and let him figure out how he wanted to spend it. He decided that he wanted to buy a DSi. (We have already had two DS and lost them both but whatever....) He was very patient when it didn't come in the mail on his actual birthday. But was very excited when it came yesterday. I don't think he has put it down except for to sleep. (Although I did catch him trying to sneak it into bed...) Some things I love about Coleman are:
* He is always thinking of others.
* He loves to cuddle.
* He is always trying to figure out how things work.
* He loves to be different. I think thats why he loves his mohawk so much...
* He is very tender hearted.
* Things roll off his back quickly.
* He is determined. Some people call it stubborn...I call it determination.
* He makes us laugh.

Coleman thinks very differently than I do. I have had to struggle to understand what is going on inside that head of his sometimes. But he is the kindest boy I know and I think that my stuggle to understand him as helped me to love him more and more each day! We love you Coleman. Happy Birthday a few days late!

No comments: