Friday, March 18, 2011

Here we are...again

Well, here we are again at yet another brick wall. We are so upset and puzzled as to what is going on with Jayden. We had another x ray done (to verify that she wasn't constipated) which surprise surprise came back normal. They did a CT scan that showed nothing of significance. They had us talk to psych (saying they felt she was just anxious), neurology (which said they think it might be a nerve problem but follow up in a month or so with the neurologist), GI (which has run every single test they can think of), Rehab (who suggested PT and OT), and we asked to talk to the integrated medical team (a holistic doctor.) They ran some vitamin level tests and did the CT scan and xray, couldn't find anything and sent us on our merry way. In their hurry to send us out the door, we didn't see the integrated medicine team, actually get any PT or OT or even get anything but one dose of the new medicine they prescribed. To say we are frustrated is a bit of an understatement. When I found out they were discharging us without even letting us finish our consults or meet our "pain goals", I called our primary care doctor in tears. He was so wonderful about trying to calm me down and offered a few suggestions. He is talking with some friends of his at the Mayo Clinic in hopes that we can get a consult down there soon. Although I am so beyond frustration with Primary's and the entire 7 month experience, I have hope that we will someday find answers!

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Geesh! I am so sorry! I would be so frusterated also! I don't even know what to tell you... I'm sorry. There has to be answers somewhere and as you have found out, that may not be in Utah. Hoping that they can find something. I'm so sorry. Call me if you need to talk. Really.