Monday, January 30, 2012

Jayden's Birthday



Watch out world!! This 16 year old now has her drivers liscence!! I can't believe I have a 16 year old...where does the time go? Some things I love about my 16 year old Jayden:
1. Her love for her family. As some of you may know Jayden recently connected with her birth dad and his wife and two boys. The love she shows for her sisters and brother and now her new brothers is incredible.
2. Her values. Jayden has thought through many of the trials that face young people today and has already made up her mind on what she will do and won't do. This has made it easier for her to leave a situation when she doesn't feel comfortable. Several times she has called me to tell me to pick her up when the people she is with are doing things she doesn't approve of.
3. I also love the relationship we have and that we can talk somewhat openly about the troubles facing her. I hope she knows that I am here to love her unconditionally and that I will always be her biggest supporter.
4, Her testimony. Jayden has had a rough year with her health but this has helped her to see what is truly important in life. This year has made her rely upon the Lord for so much. It has been amazing to watch her blossom.
5. Her heartfelt prayers. I love listening to her pray about both the small and big things in her life.


While I am talking about Jayden I'll update on her health. We still have no answers and very few leads. Everything we have talked about with the doctor seems to end in a dead end. This is very frustrating for Jayden and actually all of us. We were "treating the symptoms" for awhile and we were ok with that "answer" until treating the symptoms stopped working. Her headaches have gotten worse and her vision continues to go blurry at least weekly. She wakes up every morning with her hands and face numb. She randomly gets sharp nerve pain in different areas of her body at random times of the day. Sometimes these sharp pains last only seconds, sometimes they last for a few hours or a few days or a few weeks. These last few weeks have been especially hard for her and we have changed medications again to see if that will help. So far there has been no relief but we are gradually increasing her dosage. She has been on a similar drug called gabapentin that didn't work very well for her but we are hoping that this drug will be better tolerated. As of now there are no tests to run that haven't already been run, there are no doctors to see that we have not already seen. I am hopeful that one day we will have an answer and that hopefully we don't need to wait too long for those answers!

No comments: