Monday, February 23, 2009

Poor baby!!

So in my last post I said I thought Annabelle was so tired at her party...it turns out she was just sick! She started running a low grade fever that night and by tuesday it had spiked to 103. Tuesday afternoon I decided to take her in to be seen because she was acting the way she does with her uti. They put in a catheter and pulled a urine sample. The preliminary came back postive so they sent me on my way with some antibiotics. She started doing better but somehow the bottle spilled on my bed (don't ask how) and so I called to get the prescription filled again. They said the culture came back clean so there was no need for another prescription. In the mean time poor Annabelle kept getting sicker and sicker. She didn't want anything except for to be held 24/7. (No exaggeration!!) I set her down so I could take a shower on Thursday, terrible mother, and she was throwing such a fit she chipped her tooth on the side of the bathtub. An emergency trip to the dentist later that day turned into a disaster. Me holding her as still as I can while screaming bloody murder. The dentist trying desperately to bond a filling in the chipped spot. All to no avail....the filling came out seconds after we finished. By Friday poor baby had a fever of 105.7. Even alternating the tylenol and motrin didn't bring her fever down much so onto the dr we went yet again. This time he thought she might have roseola so she should be better in a few days. If not, come back in. The weekend went terrible. Fever up and down but NO sleep whatsoever...for any of us. Finally I took her back to the doctor today and...she has pnemonia....poor baby!!!! Hopefully the new medication will work wonders quickly because we are all wishing she was back to her happy Annabelle self!

2 comments:

Taylor's said...

Oh man; I can't believe they did not just admit her to the hospital with fevers that high! Or at least give her an IV. I hope she gets feeling better. How are her kidneys doing?

Chelsea said...

I'm so sorry. That is no fun. I hope she gets better soon.