Saturday, April 25, 2009

Last but not least I thought I would share our final San Diego story. Our flight did not leave until 4:00. We got up and got packed and headed south to the airport. We wanted to find someplace to eat lunch and then go to the temple but we ended up finding the temple first. We didn't have a map and I wasn't sure what was right around the temple and I didn't want to get lost. We decided to head down the i-5 and see what we could find. Pretty soon we came upon Old Town. I thought, "Oh this will be fun. We can walk around for a minute and get some great mexican food." The kids thought, "Mexican? We don't want Mexican!!" We were all a little beyond hungry and were just looking for some place to eat. Burger King, Wendy's, McDonald's were top on the list of kids choices. Chipotle was on the adults list but we settled on IHOP. We sat down, ordered our food, and then I happened to look out the window. Larry Flint's Hustler Club logo was staring right back at me. Good thing it was one o'clock in the afternoon....WRONG! Not more than 5 minutes later two "hoochie mammas" came walking out of the club carrying signs that read "Tax relief inside. Get your extention here." (It was April 15.) Chloe was completely amazed by the "real life barbie doll" who was standing in front of our window! Coleman kept looking over at her. We were trying to get everyone to hurry and eat so we could get out of there. After the 3rd time I told Coleman just not to look over. "But I am just trying to read the sign, mom." I am sure that if I ever find a play boy he will tell me "I am just reading the articles, mom."

3 comments:

Taylor's said...

Awesome!

Chelsea said...

Funny! Great pics, glad that you had a fun trip. Who is Sherry and Travis?

the moss family said...

Sherrie is Trent's aunt and Travis is her son. Travis and Trent grew up together so it was fun for them to see each other!