Friday, April 17, 2009

Our first day in San Diego

Man was everyone excited to get out of Salt Lake and the snow! The kids were so excited to be at the airport and were oh so ansy to get on the plane. We arrived at the airport in PLENTY of time thanks to my dad who was at our house almost three hours before our flight was scheduled to take off. Fortunately we had plenty of snacks and fun things to do in our bag...that helped curb the excitement a little bit. Coleman and Chloe also met some friends at the airport. (I don't know if these "friends" helped the excitement or made it worse.) Because it had been several years since I had been on a plane, I had forgotten how much worse my motion sickness is getting over the years. I have never been so sure I was going to throw up on the plane!! After a quick stop to calm my stomach, wegot our luggage, got our car and headed for Sherrie's house. We hadn't even left the parking lot of the car rental place I looked in the back seat and saw Chloe like this:
We made it on the I-5 just in time for rush hour traffic, yay! After about an hour we made it to Sherries. She made a nice lasagna dinner (don't tell Coleman it was Marie Calendars...), and we settled in for the night. I use the term "settled" loosely:

No comments: