Monday, April 4, 2011

New Week, New Hope

This week has gone by in a blur. I was in a meeting on Monday when my phone kept vibrating. I looked at my phone when I was done and I had 5 missed calls. 3 of them were from my friend Chelsea saying CALL ME BACK! So I did. Long story short, she ran into to some people who knew of another story like Jayden. I was able to get the dad's email address and emailed him all week long about our daughters. This other family is convinced that the vaccine gardasil is what caused their daughter's problems. She has been dealing with the same type of stuff for about 2 years and have yet to have any answers. He sent a bunch of links and some more detailed information. It has been eye opening for us to see what little we knew about a vaccine we gave to Jayden thinking it was for her good. Even if Jayden had no symptoms, If i knew then what I know now I never would have gotten the shots. I am not 100% convinced that gardasil is to blame but I am not ruling it out either. I will continue to fight for whatever I can to get her healthy again.
This week we got the results of her gastric emptying test back. Results were not good. If you don't know what happens during a gastric emptying test I will tell you. First you eat radio active eggs. (I know!!) Then they take a picture of your insides one hour later. The average person has 90% of the eggs left at that point. Jayden had 93% left. They take another picture at two hours and the average person has 60% of the eggs left, and Jayden had 79% left. At 4 hours the average person has 10% left and Jayden had 49% left. Basically her stomach is not emptying properly. The diagnosis given by the GI doctor is gastroparesis. This is a fancy word for a paralyzed stomach. The nerves are not telling the stomach to contract so that it can empty correctly. This goes along with the nerve disease theory but we are having an EMG test done tomorrow where they will test the rest of her nervous system.
We will see if that shows anything exciting. We are on some new meds and so far they aren't working yet. We tried to have Jayden go back to school last week but it has been really hard and draining for her. We are putting her back on home school for the rest of the year in hopes that she can get better quicker that way.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Thinking of and praying for you. Call me if you ever want to talk. Keep us updated......