Tuesday, November 24, 2009

So this isn't a thankful post...just wanted to jot this cute thing down before I forgot!
My sister, Nicole, is fostering this cute baby boy named Taedin. He is super cute and in talking to the kids about him we made mention of the fact that he was half black/half white. I stated it that way because I wasn't sure if his mom was white and dad was black or visa versa. Anyway, Chloe and I were going to babysit him this morning while Nicole went to PT. So before Taedin came Chloe said, "Even if Taedin isn't cute we are going to like him anyway, right?" I was thinking, "Where is this coming from?" But I was glad that she was thinking about the fact that she would like him regardless of what he looked like. So Taedin gets to our house and Chloe falls in love with him and is playing really cute with him. Pretty soon I saw her pull up his shirt to look at his back. I was a little confused and then she said, "Mom, you said he was half black and half white but really he is just brown all over!" Apparently Chloe was thinking quite literally but had decided she would love him regardless of if he was "half black and half white." Next time I will need to be more specific with her! Too funny!

No comments: